I was getting my nail done the other day and I noticed a collection of various shot glasses arranged on a shelf (I know, very classy). She had glasses from just about any vacation destination that you can think of. Do you remember back in college…you had to own at least one super cool shot glass. Mine was from The Hard Rock Cafe. I found some grown up shot glasses that you don’t have to get from the souvenir shop on the beach.
- Ice Shot Glasses – You fill the molds with water and make your own ice sculpture shot glasses. At least you won’t have any dishes to do after your big party! They would probably be yummy with some Vodka in them.
- Writers Shot Glasses – Show how grown up you have become…you can drink your tequila out of glasses with famous writers & quotes on them.
- Shot Luge – No sophistication here…just competition. Race your shot glass down an icy luge!
- Pool Game Shot Glass Set – This might look nice in your pool room.
- Collapsible keychain shotglass – Okay, this one is for the young & wild…you will always have it with you.
Thats enough about shot glasses…I don’t even like shots. The only kind that do enjoy are lemon drops (maybe its cuz they taste like candy). Here is the recipe:
Lemon Drop shots are similar to Tequila shots. It is more about the process than actually mixing anything together. The lemon and sugar give this shot the real sour kick you’d expect from the name. You can also try the Lemon Drop Martini.
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- lemon wedge
- Pour vodka into a shot glass.
- Coat a lemon wedge with sugar.
- Drink the shot of vodka.
- Follow up immediately with a bite into the sugary lemon.
Alternatively, coat the inside of a shot glass with lemon juice and pour sugar on top of the liquid.